Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmoose

This card is for the Whimsy Stamp Challenge on the SNR website found here. You have to be a member but to sign up its free. (The link works for me because I'm a member, if it doesn't work for anyone please email me I haven't done a link like this before) The challenge was to create a card with snow on it and to use a Whimsy stamp. There is a free digital stamp available to use if you don't own a Whimsy stamp. I love this moose he is just so darn cute. I gave the snow dimension by using flocking and liquid applique. This is the first time I used this ribbon and I'm not impressed it frays so easy.

Stamps: Whimsy Reindeer
Paper: Chocolate chip, whisper white
Ink: Copic brown(I bought my birthday gift Glenda!) ballet blue, brilliant blue, basic black, versamark
Other: white flock, liquid applique, embossing pen, ribbon, snowflake brad, snowflake embossing folder, 99% alcohol(to hightlight copic ink. ( I only have one brown marker so I coloured the moose, went around the edges again and then used the alcohol with a paintbrush to do the centre to create highlights.

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, this is just adorable hun!! I really love this fun reindeer as well!! TEE!! What amazes me is the pretty and colorful backgrounds you create!! You are so creative!! Thanks for linking the Whimsy Group on SNR! We appreciate your support and thank you for playing along with us!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Vicki's comments Dawn, this card is fabulous! And I love your background, it's gorgeous! Fab details and coloring too. Thanks for joining in the challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete