Friday, January 8, 2010

Mark's birthday

OK the first photo is obviously my son cutting onions. He thought he'd get no tears while wearing his skiing mask. LOL, he was right, silly kid! The second is a card I made for a friend of Steven's. The inside says " Lucky for you I was at the card shop, huh?" This is a digital stamp that I printed onto photo paper. The paper grabs the ink and its dry now, no blending, so better not make mistakes. On one of the images I tried to emboss it. Wow that was a mistake. You really can't emboss with photo paper. Its thick enough but it dries the versamark almost instantly. I thought my pen was dry until I tried it on another paper! Sooo I threw out that image and started again.
Stamps: free digital (can't remember from who, sorry), water stamp- stampscapes
Paper: Brilliant blue, summer sun, Kodak photo paper
Ink: bashful blue, ballet blue, summer sun, barely banana, certainly celery, more mustard, craft white
Other: crystal effects, computer generated saying, ticket corner punch

2 comments:

  1. BWWHAA!! HAA!! Well, I never thought to do this, so maybe he's got something there!! I hate cutting onions too...gets to the point where I can't even see!! LOL!!

    I love your card!! That image is so awesome and I love the place it came from as well!! :) Looks perfect for your son!! LOL!! Your coloring is wonderful! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Dawn, it is even better in real life; you do finish your cards off so well, and the colours are so vibrant. I love it and so did Mark. That Steven has a great sense of humor as does Sam. His gift giving performance while presenting his presents to Mark was hilarious I'm told. The story gave us a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete