Monday, February 4, 2013

Wedding Card

I was recently asked to design a wedding card for a friend. She wanted a unique card for her nephew and his future wife who are both semi truck drivers. I found this truck image on free colouring pages and printed it off twice.

I used crystal effects on the windshield and headlights, made Ontario license plates, and popped up the grill. She wanted a humourous sentiment so I found this one which I first saw in a Maxine cartoon and added a pocket so she could put money in the card. 

and finally the back of the card. A stamping buddy told me how to make the tin cans, so easy! I made the back of the truck in paint.net since I couldn't find a really good colouring page for the back. 

I'm entering this into:
Catch The Bug Challenge: anything goes
One Stop Craft Challenge: anything goes
Sweet Stampin Challenge: Love is all around
Card Makin' Mamas: I'm in the mood for love
Stampin with the Dragon: love is in the air

Stamps: free colouring pages, Impression Obsession heart swirls
Paper: basic black, cherry cobbler, whisper white
Ink: stampin up illuminate (versa mark)
Other: embossing powder, crystal effects, ribbon, tin foil

11 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a very clever design Dawn!! I just love how the cans are dangling in the back of the semi!! :) Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly an unusual 'love' themed card- you'll never find that in a shop. Thanks for taking part at Card Makin Mamas. Vikki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How original! Such a brilliant idea and fabulous card!Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin’ Challenge this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining at One Stop Craft Challenge: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, just awesome, what a fabulous wedding card for a couple of 'truckers'. You truly did a fabulous job on this one Dawn, I love it!
    Wow, wow, and wow!
    Glenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' with your beautiful card. So unusual, love it.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I love the back with those tin cans. Thanks so much for joining in our 'Love' challenge at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWE what a SUPER CUTE card!! They will love it!!! Congrats on Winning the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge!!! I entered 6 times in trying to win that Awesome prize!!! You go girl!!! Whoot Whoot!!!
    hugs, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes” with Bugaboo Stamps! Just loved your card, and hope to see more of your work in future challenges!

    Bugaboo Stamps DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Gorgeous unique wedding card. I know the couple loved it. Thanks for joining us at SDD and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete