Monday, July 6, 2020

Bugaboo Stella Christmas - Fruitcake


Good morning, today at Catch the Bug we branch out and do Anything But a Card! So I decided
that I needed to do something for me...and my family. My Mom made the best Christmas cake ever, its actually an old recipe and called Stained Glass Cake. When my husband was diagnosed as Celiac this was one of the things he missed at Christmas. So it took us a lot of tries and fails (so MANY fails) but we finally got the recipe converted to Gluten Free and with Bugaboo's Stella Christmas - Fruitcake its amazing, enjoy!



Drop on by Catch the Bug and check out what the other DT created for more ideas!
I'm entering this into:
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: Christmas in July
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: anything goes/optional for a man or boy
Polkadoodles: anything goes
Fezziwigs Festive Frolics: anything festive

Paper: spectrum noir white
Other: copic markers

7 comments:

  1. Dawn great Christmas recipe and you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying really hard to get all our favourite recipes in one book, its been challenging, lol!

      Delete
  2. Ah your recipe looks lovely and what a great idea to have Stella keeping you right!! Great that you converted it to gluten free for your Hubby. I love christmas cake!! Thanks for sharing with me over on Fezziwigs Festive Frolics, this fortngith, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this great recipe page! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome and so sweet of you to try so hard to fix the recipe for your husband. Thank you so much for joining the Polkadoodles challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fun way to save a recipe!

    Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends for our Christmas in July! Good luck!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab idea.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete