Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stampin Up From the Garden

I did this card for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge. The challenge this week was to use chaulks. I haven't used them very ofter so it was definitely a challenge. The stamp I used was From the Garden by stampin up and I used basic black ink on whisper white cardstock. I then coloured the leaves with a versamark pen and then sponged over them with chaulks. This is called popping pastels. The versamark grabs the chaulks and makes it brighter. I used plain chaulk on the flower itself because I wanted it very soft. I sealed the image and then cut it out. It is mounted onto pretty in pink textured cardstock that I did the grid pattern on and again mounted on black. I added three brads on the bottom and one of the top. Crystal effects is in the centre of the flower giving it a bit of added dimension. It was actually one of my faster cards, lol!

1 comment:

  1. Really reaaly like this card!!! Was it a hard one to do. Would like to do some of these myself

    ReplyDelete