Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Twilight challenge

This is the first time I've done a twilight challenge. I haven't seen the movie, haven't read the books, don't have any teenage kids so this was a hard one! However if you go to this website there is a free Gina K Stamp involved so...lol!
I did this on basic black and I don't have a flower like the one on the book cover so I used a feather stamp from the stamp set Elephants on Parade from Firecracker Designs. The love stamp is from Wonderful words from Stampin Up. I embossed with white powder the feathers and had to use a sharpie pen to add the red. There is a green stem but its hard to see. I sponged black around to add some texture, IRL you can see it and it looks good. Go to the website, give it a try and have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so great! I checked the challenge out last night and started a card with red birds crossing over a black sponged whisper white rectangle. Have not had time to work on it today, so don't know what will transpire. I was 20 minutes late in posting my cuttlebug card...darn!

    Your card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness Dawn---you did a FANTASTIC job. Those feathers look so realistic. I LOVE it! Thanks for playing along...my daughter will be thrilled!!!
    Hugs-Cammie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating in the Twilight Challenge! I really love your card and that was a really creative way of doing the cover. It looks really good!
    -Cara (judgeCara and random.cara)

    ReplyDelete