Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Christmas candle

I've done a couple of Christmas candles before, they're very
easy. The hard ones are doing coloued candles because you need tissue paper that matches. This candle was super easy I
just stamped on white tissue paper with stazon black ink. I think I should have embossed the image it would have stood out better, I might have to try this again! I then coloued the snowmen with markers and stamped snowflakes in bashful blue but they don't stand out very much, I think if they did they might take away from the snowmen. You can see them IRL, next time I might darken them slightly. After your entire image is done you put the tissue paper on the candle and then wrap wax paper around it. Heat the paper and
the wax transfers to the tissue paper "glueing" it to the candle. Lastly I added stickles to the candle. LOTS of stickles, lol, my new favorite accessory! Have a great week.

Stamps: Holiday lineup
Paper: tissue
Ink: Stazon Black, markers
Other: stickles

3 comments:

  1. AWW!! How stinkin' cute!!! I love all that sparkle on your candle!! This is just adorable hun!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Dawn, just awesome. I love 1t!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just darling! I've never tried this technique ... due to the need for matching tissue paper. But white is "perfecto" for your sweet snowmen!! Stickles? Oh yeah, baby! Love the glitz!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete