Saturday, July 24, 2010

Elephant cigar box

This gorgeous elegant is not a card but an altered cigar box. My husband brings home tons of boxes from his friends at work and this is one of them. The bottom and sides are a solid black. The only black I had to add was on the top of the box on the bottom corner. Just under my name it looks like its white but that's just the glare from the light on the black. I used a prisma marker to blacken the top of the box, added the ribbon and paper. The ribbon pulls the lid open. This was my stamp-n-play date, Glenda did a cigar box with swans on it. Fabulous play date! I've done sooo many posts and trying to post two pictures is still so frustrating! So after spending considerable time trying to get the pics where I want them, I left the original cigar box on the bottom of the post! lol
Stamps: Local Rubber King Tree 2 and Kenya
Paper: apricot appeal, cajun craze, whisper white
Ink: mellow moss, always artichoke, apricot appeal, tangerine tango, dusty durango, cajun craze, close to cocoa
Other: prisma gray 10% marker, ribbon, pearls

1 comment: