Monday, April 2, 2012

Poinsettia Greetings

Usually when a poinsettia comes into my house it goes eeeeek! and drops all of its leaves, lol! Sometimes I even have to buy another one just before Christmas because the first one looks so bad.
 BUT for some reason, and I am totally amazed by this, I received a poinsettia for Christmas AND its still gorgeous! Its April 2 and my poinsettia is not only alive (!) but still has most of its leaves and is red! So this amazing plant inspired me to create this card.
I embossed the background with Impression Obsession Holly, gorgeous.


I stamped the poinsettia three times and then cut out each layer.


 I always stamp the inside of my cards and back too. 
I LOVE Christmas, lol its never too early to make cards. 

I've entered this into:
Crafty Ann's Challenge: Christmas in March
My Mum's Craft Shop: Stamp it
Simon Says Stamp: anything goes
Crafting for all Seasons: sketch
52 Christmas Card Throwdown: anything goes

Stamps: Stampin Up Poinsettia Greetings and basic backgrounds, Impression Obsession Holly
Paper: real red, cherry cobbler, whisper white, handsome hunter, dollarstore pattern
Ink: cherry cobbler
Other: Prisma markers, spellbinders scallop circles, ribbon, cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder, rhinestones, yellow stickles





10 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Crafting For all Seasons! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Dawn, just gorgeous. Love your poinsettia flowers, both the IRL one and the stamped. Your wonderful colouring makes the stamp one as beautiful as the real.Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is amazing! LOVE all the stamping--the continuation of the poinsettia on the inside and back is amazing! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific, Dawn. From the stamped and embossed BG to the layered flower and your finishing details - a stunning Christmas card.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    x
    Well done on keeping your plant going and still looking beautiful!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Wow! I can't believe how good your poinsettia looks! It looks better than mine at Christmas time!! lol

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining in at My Mums Craft shop challenge this week! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love poinsettias too Dawn and yours is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Dawn on the Crafting for all Season Top Three Placement. Well deserved, this card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous poinsettia card thanks so much for playing along this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, what a lovely layered poinsettia card! This is just so perfectly Christmassy! I love that you also stamped inside - I do that too. I always decorate my envelopes as well but I haven't ventured onto the backs yet!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete