Thursday, July 1, 2010

Strawberries

This card is sooo not my style but I thought I'd give it a try. I very rarely use design paper and when I do its usually just one piece! I saw a sketch I wanted to try on stamp tv. Melissa described using different patterned paper so I thought why not give it a try. Well, I now have lots of little pieces of dp in my craft room. I'm not very good at grouping dp together, so it took a lot of trial, lots of errors and two days of trying, lol! I do like how it turned out. Secret Crafter Saturday challenge is to use the theme of Strawberries and Cream. Cute Card Thursday is Lets get fruity.
Stamp: digital Strawberries by Beccy's Place
Paper: Early espresso, kraft, apricot appeal, wild wasabi, hostess pack dp by stampin up, whisper white
Ink: crumb cake
Other: prisma markers, ribbon, crystal effects(you can't see it but I put drops of crystal effects on the centres of the flowers and strawberry seeds, looks great IRL), spellbinders label 4, photo corner punch, pearls, stampin up embosslit butterflies, vellum

1 comment:

  1. OK you are right; this is different and is so not you. Now having that out of the way, you did do a good job on it and I can see why it took two days. I like the visual end result, but I do prefer the usual Dawn cards- lol.

    ReplyDelete