Sunday, October 30, 2011

Huge Pumpkins

This card is huge, I mean gigantic! It's 4 inches wide by 9 inches high, huge! When I saw the pumpkin topiary I knew a regular card wouldn't do it justice so....lol. I made this card for the challenge over at The Corrosive Challenge Blog that Doodle Pantry is sponsoring and the theme is flourishes, anyway, anyhow. I chose a paper flourish... finally. I first had a rhinestone flourish, didn't like it, then a couple of different paper ones and finally settled on this one with the help of my stamping buddy Glenda. Thank you so much Glenda! I've entered this into:

C.R.A.F.T Challenge: Savannah colours

Stamps: Doodle Pantry Topiary Seasons, Rubbernecker Fern background
Paper: cajun craze, handsome hunter, whisper white, pumpkin pie, garden green
Ink: bashful blue, craft really rust
Other: prisma markers, clear embossing powder, tim holtz flourish, ribbon, rhinestone dragonflies

16 comments:

  1. Great card love the colours and those pumpkins.
    Thank you for joining us this week at C.R.A.F.T Challenge with this wonderful creation.
    Betty x x

    GDT for October at C.R.A.F.T

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful dimensional card! It reminds me of "Jack and the Beanstalk"! Your sky is lovely and your topiary is beautiful!
    ~Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn, I love the size of this card. Your right you needed a tall card to do this set justice. Great card!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dawn I love this! The size is wonderful - what fun and I love the cloud background you created too. The flourish diecuts are a perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors on this card - I had just printed this image out myself this morning to work on. The background of the sky really sets the topiary off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this card is absolutley stunning, wonderfully done Dawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of the Savannah colours - must say, I've never seen a pumpkin topiary before but this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply amazing in the larger than life size! Great image & coloring! Thanks for joining us at the SNSDC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great size! Love it!!! Your coloring is beautiful, and I love the image :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Dawn! Wonderful dimension on this card! and that flourish is just right for it..love how you layered the flourish too!

    HUGS!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great coloring! Beautiful image and layout. Thanks for joining CRAFT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so very pretty and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous sky in the background, gorgeous card! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful! I like the image and clouds you created! Thank you for playing along at the SNSDC!

    ReplyDelete