Wednesday, December 31, 2014

How to make your images pop

Good morning! Today is my last day as guest designer for Bugaboo Digital Stamps and part of being a guest designer was to create a tutorial of something, so I am doing a tutorial on how to create 3-D images. I chose to use Bugaboo's Winter Goodies and printed it off three times. Since I have the three images I also test the look of different colours that's why the mug in one image is green which I didn't  like so didn't use.
I cut out all the images I want to pop up and then use a mat and stylus on them to create a curved look. You don't need the stylus you can use your fingers but on the smaller images the stylus comes in handy.

Once the images are cut out I take a black marker (water based) to the outside edges. I don't use alcohol markers the ink seems to absorb too fast on the edges and doesn't give a clean finish. 

Then I attach the images with either glue dots or clear dollar store glue pads





I love how this turned out. 
I've had a great time the past two months as a guest designer for Bugaboo what a great team, thanks Ladies!
I'm entering this into:
Through the Craft Room Door: anything goes
Digi Sketch Challenge: sketch and/or winter snowflakes
Dream Valley Challenges: Christmas
613 Avenue Create: anything goes
Christmas Card Challenge: anything goes

Stamp: Bugaboo Winter Goodies
Paper: dp paper, cherry cobbler, whisper white, mossy meadow
Ink: none
Other: snowflake corner die, rhinestones, spellbinders

6 comments:

  1. This decoupage tehnique you've used is a great way to give the image a really nice 3D effect. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and cute. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done and a fun tutorial! Thanks for sharing and thanks for playing along with us this week at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous 3D work which has the image popping for sure . Love the die cut on back ground too.
    Thanks for sharing on Christmas Card Challenges Blog .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Great dimension with all the layers too! Thanks for playing our Christmas Card Challenge and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card Dawn and all that layering really brings it to life. love the snowflake corner too!
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete