Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hibiscus forever

This card is for a challenge using weaving. Man is that hard! I threw away two backgrounds before keeping this one. I like it, kind of, but I don't think I'll be using weaving very much on my cards!
Stamps: Firecracker designs Hibiscus, Inkadinkado garden flower
Paper: Stampin up whisper white, basic black, purely pomegranate
Ink: Purely pomegranate, garden green, versamark frost
Other: detail white embossing powder, stampin up crystal effects (on the stamen)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn!! Boy is is this gorgeous!! I love your coloring of the flower! What a lovely layout too!! TFS!! Thanks for always leaving such wonderful comments!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll agree with ya, weaving is hard LOL. But your card turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the flower, very pretty!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I do love that hibiscus! What a great job you did with it. Actually, I quite like how you did the weaving, but I agree - it will not appear in many of my cards either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mercy! This is a beauty!
    The background is wonderful, but it looks like a lot of focus required for the weaving! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete